CSTB specifications 3194 and 3316
Transition from CSTB 3316/3194 to DTU 45.4
Until now, the general conditions for the design and installation of wood and metal frames associated with cladding referred to the requirements of CSTB specifications 3194 and 3316 respectively. However, since the end of 2021, the DTU 45.4 the External thermal insulation systems using external cladding with a ventilated air gap has been partially published. What has been officially published about the DTU 45.4?
The DTU consists of 8 parts. The following publications have been made:
• Part 1: Book of Technical Clauses
- Part 1-1-1: CCT Common Specifications – Published October 2021
Installation of frames, insulation for all facings
- Part 1-1-2: CCT Exterior facing in HPL laminated panels – Published in October 2021
Implementation of HPL panels with through fixings
- Part 1-1-3: CCT Exterior facing in fiber cement panels with through fixings – Published in January 2022
- Part 1-1-4: CCT Clins PVC – In progress
- Part 1-1-5: CCT natural slates and fiber cement – In progress
- Part 1-1-6: CCT flat concrete tiles, clay tiles, clay tiles with interlocking or flat exposure and clay tiles with interlocking or sliding with relief –In progress
And we will of course continue to inform you of any developments.
Discover our articles on the same theme
ETANCO offers the widest range of fasteners for the building envelope on the market. Each site being unique and each country having to meet specific standards, allowing our customers to choose from the broadest portfolio of solutions on the market constitutes an undeniable competitive advantage.