-Version as of 3 July 2018
1. 1. Preamble and scope
Etanco is concerned about protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and attaches great importance to protecting the privacy of the Users of its services.
3. Complying with applicable regulations
Processing of the Personal Data of Users registered on the etanco.eu website is subject in particular to European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (known as the “GDPR”) and to Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms, as amended (known as the “Data Processing and Freedoms Law”) (hereinafter the “Regulations”).
For the purposes of this Policy, the following terms have the meaning given to them in the GDPR: “personal data”, “processing”, “data controller”, “data processor”, “data subject”, etc. In this respect, personal data is defined as any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, such as surname, first name, email and postal address, telephone number, user name, password, etc. (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
As defined by the aforementioned Regulation, Etanco is the “data controller” of etanco.eu website Users’ Personal Data. In this capacity, we commit to complying with our obligations under the Regulations. To this end, we have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) and we maintain a register of processing activities listing the required information.
4. Categories of Personal Data collected and processed via the etanco.eu website
a) Personal data that you communicate to Etanco
We collect Personal Data from Internet users who wish to know more about our activities via the contact form.
Registering on the etanco.eu website can be done via a registration form that includes an additional section relating to the possibility for Etanco to use your Personal Data for marketing or commercial purposes (e.g. sending newsletters, targeted news on our products or customer questionnaires).
Accessing and using the Etanco.eu website implies collection and processing of your Personal Data, namely your surname, first name, telephone and mobile number, fax number, email and postal addresses, password, etc. Some information is required (followed by an asterisk) and the rest is optional as indicated in the form.
Finally, we do not collect so-called Sensitive Personal Data as defined by the GDPR.
b) Navigation information we collect when you use our website
During your visits to the Etanco.eu website, information relating to your navigation may be recorded in "Cookies" files installed on your device, subject to the choices you have made concerning cookies, which you can modify at any time.
For more information, please carefully read notre Politique de cookies.
5. Conditions for using Personal Data
a) Why we collect and process your Personal Data
Users’ Personal Data is collected and processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and is not further processed in a way that is incompatible with these purposes. These purposes are as follows:
- To provide and manage our services, , namely to manage your registration and account;
- To manage your orders, , i.e. manage order tracking, deliveries, financial transactions, etc.
- To communicate with Users and improve the quality of our services,, , i.e. to inform you about corporate, marketing and promotional news and to personalise our services according to your preferences;
- To combat online fraud,, i.e. digital identity theft, etc.;
- To resolve any disputes or problems related to the use of our services.
b) How long we keep your Personal Data
We undertake to keep your Personal Data only for as long as is strictly necessary for processing for the above-mentioned purposes, and in any case within the limits imposed by the applicable regulations and legislation.
As such, we undertake to keep them for the duration of any transactions, and use of the service and Etanco personal account, for example. Also, depending on the type of Personal Data, the retention period may vary from a few days to several years.
In any case, we undertake to delete your Personal Data from our databases at the end of these different periods.
However, we may retain certain information for a period of time after your personal account has been closed in order to:
- - Meet our legal obligations (e.g. accounting and tax) and the legal limitation periods;
- - Respond to any requests for information from authorised third parties (tax authorities, police, etc.);
- - Prevent possible illegal behaviour after deletion of your personal account (re-use of your old account by a third party).
6. Privacy and information sharing
a) Internal communications
Etanco ensures that its employees authorised to process Personal Data are subject to confidentiality requirements and receive appropriate training concerning the protection of Personal Data.
b) No assignment to third parties
Your Personal Data will not be transferred or sold to third parties without your prior express consent.
c) Communication for external processing purposes
If necessary, your information and Personal Data may be transmitted to third parties involved in the provision of our services (technical and hosting service providers, customer follow-up and satisfaction surveys, management of security incidents or fraudulent activity, etc.).
Etanco undertakes to communicate your information and Personal Data only to authorised and trusted service providers who will process them on our behalf according to our instructions and in compliance with these Privacy Rules and in compliance with all other appropriate security and privacy measures.
d) Communication for legal and judicial reasons
Your information and Personal Data may be disclosed to a third party if Etanco is obliged to do so by law, a regulatory provision, or a court order, or if this disclosure is necessary for the purposes of an investigation, injunction or legal proceedings, on national territory or abroad.
Similarly, we may share your information and Personal Data with third party companies, consultants or individuals in order to:
- - Protect against any infringement of the rights, property or safety of Etanco and its users, in accordance with and in compliance with the law.
7. Personal Data Security
a) Measures and guarantees provided by Etanco
We provide a standard level of security to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised access and disclosure, alteration, damage, accidental loss or destruction, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or disclosure to unauthorised persons.
À cet effet, la société Etanco et ses prestataires techniques et d’hébergement ont déployé des mesures appropriées (physiques, techniques et organisationnelles) pour assurer l’intégrité et la confidentialité de vos Données Personnelles.
To this end, Etanco and its technical and hosting service providers have deployed appropriate measures (physical, technical and organisational) to ensure the integrity and privacy of your Personal Data.
However, we cannot ensure that your communications and other Personal Data will never be intercepted or disclosed by a third party. Finally, your Personal Data is stored on servers located in France and in the European Union. Also, please note that we do not transfer your Personal Data outside the European Union.
b) Personal account access
The login information (username and/or password) that allow you to connect to the site Etanco sont etanco.eu website are strictly personal and confidential.. For security reasons, do not disclose your username and password to anyone.
You are solely responsible for all the consequences of a contractual, financial or other nature, which could result from any unauthorised use of your login information by third parties and you indemnify Etanco against any claim in this respect. Etanco reserves the right to suspend your account in the event that we have reason to believe that you have shared your login information or it has been stolen or used without your consent.
c) Personal Data protection violations
If Etanco becomes aware of an incident affecting your Personal Data, it undertakes to inform the competent supervisory authority (the “CNIL”) within 72 hours of its discovery at the latest. In the event of a breach of Personal Data likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we undertake to inform the CNIL as soon as possible under the conditions and in the manner provided for by the Regulation.
8. Respecting the rights of Etanco.eu website Users
Any data subject whose Personal Data is processed by Etanco.eu has the following rights:
- • - Right of access (e.g. to check what data we have about you and to obtain a copy);
- Right to rectification (e.g. to update or correct your data if it is incomplete or incorrect);
- Right to object at any time to the collection and processing of all or part of your data for purposes of marketing, for example, including profiling when it is linked to such marketing. This right gives you the opportunity to change your notification preferences at any time;
- Right to restriction (e.g. in certain cases provided for by law, and if you question the processing of some of your data, you can request that we restrict the use of your data while we manage our dispute);
- Right to portability (e.g. you have the right to retrieve your data or to require their transmission to third party providers);
- Right to erasure (e.g. you can request the permanent deletion of your User Account via the extranet);
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects you in a similar way.
If you exercise these rights, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible and in any event within the legal time limits, i.e. 1 to 2 months, depending on the case.
To learn more about your rights or to make a complaint, you can contact the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (known as “CNIL”).
If you have any questions about this document and, in general, about Etanco collecting and processing your Personal Data, please feel free to contact us:
- - Contact us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- - Or contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) à : Email : email@example.com
- - Postal address: : 66 route de sartrouville BP 49 - 78 231 LE PECQ Cedex